This is a ready to move in and enjoy !!!!! The current owner has 17 horses, 2 are big Friesian stallions, several are Friesian Sport Horses, so no expense or safety issue was
overlooked, it's a fantastic place! And , no , we never flood or have mud lots-we are on top of a hill ! Few mosquitos!
- Surround the home on 3 sides, making it easy to keep an eye on the boys and enjoy watching them!
- The fences are build with 30 year treated oak and non rust deck screws for ease of maintenance, electric is also run along the top for an added extra.
- All are interconnected with gates, making turnout a breeze and allowing flexibility of pasture use.
- Three are very lush- the fourth is the designated "fat farm" for horses that are overweight or have to be watched on grass for any reason- while still green and not a
mud lot- the grass is shorter and less lush, we never fertilize that one.
- Pasture 4 has a 20x15 run in shelter facing south, plus is close to electrical and water for ease of winter maintenance.
- All the pastures have shade available- so important in the summer heat!
- Metal buildings are fenced off from the pastures, provided security against a horse putting his foot through the metal, we all know how deadly that can be!
- Fencing is several feet inside property line, in some areas much more than that- this is for security, ease of maintenance and to keep good neighbors!
- Perimeter woods provides extra privacy and security, AND are part of the property (no one can cut them down but you!!) Woods are extra deep in the NE corner-
great for paint ball or hide and seek!
- Proper drainage means no mud lots even in the rainiest weather! French drains plus more !
- Is 120x 60, it has 3" limestone base to eliminate rocks coming up from the ground (no rock hunts in the spring), lazer levelled and 2 inches torpedo sand on top.
- has 3/4 inch plywood all along the perimeter for safety, plus 4 foot high wood gates at the entrances for safety.
- Huge windows allow for air flow in the summer, and with two extracting fans on the top- keep the arena very comfortable
- Crossbucked and matching the arena doors, the shutters keep the cold out in winter, it does get toasty by 1pm on those cold winter days! When open in summer,
latches keep them open and not banging, regardless of the wind.
- The lighting system was designed to keep out the glare of the lights, and eliminate shadows, so evening riding is very pleasant.
- There is a floor to ceiling door in the arena going into the stables, that can be closed, that too is covered by 3/4 " plywood.
4 stalls are 10X 12, 1 is 20X 20, 1 is 15X 15, the last two are extra high and extra large for the stallions, which are extra tall!
- 10 x 11 tack room with 16 build in saddle racks, solid 2x10 wood boards'
- feed room, 10x11 with solid wood , again, with counter and storage cabinets.
- All have windows and cross ventilation
- wall to wall rubber mats in stalls and also in aisles to avoid slipping
- opening are cut in for winter heated buckets- right at the bottom of each bucket to keep chewers from frying themselves.
- Electric outlet near each stall- no extension cords needed
- rewired electric with conduit for safety
- all electric boxes are outdoor use and have covers to keep inquisitive horses from electrocuting themselves.
- the sides of the aisles are also covered with wood to avoid accidents
- stables are totally insulated- roof and sides, under the wood, to keep the summer heat and winter cold out.
- Hot water heater and water hydrant
- is designed for easy U-turns with a truck and two horse trailer, tons of room for parking!
- has gravel base, and set up to drain, has never turned into a mud lot
- large enough to accommodate several trailers.